Liquor Licensing

The Licensing Act 2003 ushered in a new liquor licensing regime. Our licensing experts are highly experienced and ready to provide the advice needed to keep your licensed premises open and trading in accordance with the law.

We can help you with all aspects of your Premises Licence application including preparing the application, serving notice on the various responsible authorities, publishing the application in the press and procuring the plans required to accompany the application. We can also act for you in applying to vary an existing Premises Licence.

The following businesses are likely to require a premises licence:
  • Bars
  • Nightclubs
  • Pubs
  • Cafes
  • Adult Entertainment Venues

    One aspect of the new regime often overlooked is that venues such as shopping malls could need a premises licence, if they carry out licensable activities such as playing recorded music or having performances of dance/music to entertain the public.

    Often, objections are received from the public and/or one or more of the responsible authorities when applying for a Premises Licence. The local authority will, in such circumstances, schedule a hearing. We can advise on all aspects relating to the hearing including liaising with the Local Authority Licensing Team and, where necessary, instruct an appropriate advocate to represent you.

    We have been instructed by licensees to defend applications for review of a Premises Licence. Such action is often instigated by local residents and requires a carefully considered and proportionate response. We can advise in respect of all such applications.

    Choosing the Right Solicitor for Your Case

    • We will call you back the same day
    • We will explain complex legal issues in the language that best suits you
    • We will update you at every stage of your case
    Practice Areas


    Swan House, 9-12 Johnston Road
    Woodford Green,Essex, IG8 0XA

    24 Hanover Square,
    Mayfair,London, W1S 1JD



    Need Help?

    Let's Work Together

    Use our online enquiry form to send us details and one of our lawyers will respond as quickly as possible.