We always deal with probate matters sensitively and efficiently.
Our expertise covers the administration of estates of varying degrees of wealth and complexity, ranging from those with foreign, business and agricultural assets involving complex tax considerations, to smaller estates.
When we are appointed to deal with probate matters, the work often includes:
- Investigating and valuing assets
- Preparing HMRC tax forms and court papers
- Liquidating assets which includes
- Closing bank accounts
- Selling share portfolios
- Disposing of freehold and leasehold properties
- Preparing itemised estate accounts
- Distributing the estate in accordance with the will or the intestacy rules where there is no will
We can assist with more unusual and complicated situations, such as where an executor or administrator has died leaving an estate partially unadministered, or where a person has died domiciled outside of England and Wales.
We can also obtain official copies of grants and wills, however old.